Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lessons

Lessons Learned (or Reiterated) Today

* Say the nagging rules in a funny voice and they might hear them.
Shawn loves to laugh, and saying anything in a silly way can often make him chuckle. I "laid down the law" today but said it in a funny voice, and he thought it was hysterical. He kept repeating it. He may not necessarily obey, but it won't be because he didn't hear it!

* Be careful about using phrases or even words from a Phineas and Ferb song (or any other for that matter), or I'll hear it repeatedly.
I make a lot of connections to things I know the boys enjoy, but I'm learning to be careful of doing so when it could become a song. Today I compared something to the word "aglet"--the tips of a shoe lace. We really only know that word because of Phineas and Ferb, so the boys had to start singing the song. On repeat. I had it in my head all day.

* My husband can be the worst of the lot with boyish behavior.
If I have to be careful of references with the boys, I have to be especially diligent with HoneyBear. I called him after dropping off the boys and told him the aglet story. I didn't make it to past the word "aglet." He immediately started singing the song as well. When I made it to school and we said goodbye, apparently the phone didn't disconnect. I heard a strange sound and looked down to we were still in a call. The sound was him yelling through the phone "A G L E T" and the rest of the song. At least it made me smile.

I'm sure there were more, but I slept late this morning after taking some pain meds last night. Of course, that reminds me of another lesson learned--the meds that you take when you DON'T want to sleep will knock you out right away. Taking meds with the hope of letting them do their thing and you get some sleep means the meds won't take effect until just before your alarm is supposed to go off the next morning, and will then last the entire day!

Sometimes life is just full of lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment